HD-3WXL Hard Drive & Tape Degausser
The HD-3WXL erases hard drives (laptop, desktop and network up to 1.6" high) and high coercivity tape media, including all formats of LTO (1,2,3,4), SuperDLT I & II, DLT, 9940, 3590, AIT, 8mm and more, all without any adapters. With a continuous duty rating (no cooling necessary) and a 6 second cycle time, large quantities of media can be erased in a very short period of time.
The HD-3WXL is exceptionally user-friendly. Simply slide your media into the slot on the left side of the HD-3WXL and push the "Erase" button. Within six seconds your media is completely erased and will automatically slide out the right side of the HD-3WXL. It just doesn’t get any easier than that!
Built-in safegaurds check the stored power before each erase cycle ensuring complete erasure every time. A field strength meter, audible tones and lighted push buttons report the status of the HD-3WXL to the operator.
When erasing large quantities of media, the HD-3WXL can be placed in auto mode. The auto mode feature automatically cycles the HD-3WXL eliminating the need for the user to press the "Erase" button each time. The user simply places the media in the HD-3WXL when the green "Ready" light illuminates. The HD-3WXL will automatically erase the media and release the media down the exit slide.
Degauss vs. Overwrite:
The HD-3WXL produces an erasing field many times stronger than the erasing fields produced by the read/write heads in hard drives and tape drives. The field strength along with the encompassing magnetic field ensure the data is no longer recoverable by computer or laboratory attacks. Since the HD-3WXL does not rely on software, the HD-3WXL will also completely and permanently erase failed and damaged hard drives regardless of the operating system or interface.
The HD-3WXL will assist you in meeting compliance standards for government mandates requiring complete elimination of sensitive information stored on magnetic media prior to re-use or disposal including:
- PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry) Data Security Standard
- NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology)
- Guidelines for Media Sanitization NIST SP 800-36
- NIST SP 800-88
- HIPAA (Health Information Portability and Accountability Act)
- PIPEDA (Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act)
- GLBA (Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act)
- California Senate Bill 1386
Erasure Verification Tests:
Hard drives erased with the HD-3WXL have been tested & verified by hard drive manufacturers, information recovery companies, private and governmental forensic laboratories which independently confirmed no data was recoverable.
- Fast, safe, and complete erasure
- Simple one button operation
- Portable, Compact and quite design easily operates in any office environment.
- Continuous Duty
- 10 Second Erasure Cycle
- Operates on standard wall outlet
- Complete Erasure of High Coercivity Hard Drives & Tape