SD-1 Degausser - Permanent Magnet Media Eraser/ Hard Disk Drive Degausser
The Model SD-1 is a Magnetic Media Degausser using Permanent Rare Earth "Fixed Magnet" Technology. This device is capable of completely erasing all data on magnetic media devices such as PMR and LMR Hard Disk Drives, Hard Drives (3.5", 2.5", 1.8", 1.0"), Tape (DAT, 8mm, Half-inch/3480, LTO-1 to LTO-6, QIC, DLT, Travan, AIT) and Floppy Disks.
It's Rare Earth Magnet Technology generates NO Heat, No Sound, No EMF (Electromagnetic Fields) and can be used continuously. The Hand Crank design requires no electrical power to operate the unit and is perfect for mobile applications.
Mobile and Deployable: No External Power Required. This degausser uses permanent magnets and is thus a standalone unit that does not require electrical power. It is fully deployable for on-site and emergency degaussing.
Degaussing can be complete within 1 seconds with an actual degauss cycle time of 5 second utilizing its 12,000 Gauss fixed magnetic. Go green with the powerful, affordable and easy to use SD-1 to safely and permanently erase your most important asset - your data.
- Uses NO electricity
- Is silent, portable, and needs no cooling time.
- Has NO switches, controls, adjustments
- Needs NO maintenance
- Needs NO special operating, handling, or processing skills
Regulations and Compliance Mandates
Many organizations including public and private corporations recommend degaussing for their magnetic media before destruction or recycling. Some of these institutions include:
- DoD (Department of Defence)
- NIST (National Institute of Standards & Technology)
- Government Security Organizations
- Financial Institutions
- IT Departments
- Healthcare / Medical Institutions
The SD-1 will help you meet these government and industry standards requiring complete erasure of sensitive data prior to disposal, including:
- PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry) Data Security Standard
- PIPEDA (Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act)
- NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology) Guidelines for Media Sanitization NIST SP 800-88
- NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology) Guidelines for Media Sanitization NIST SP 800-36
- Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA)
- HIPAA (Health Information Portability and Accountability Act)
- California SB-1386
- Bank Secrecy Act (BSA)
Hard Drive and Tapes (by type) That Cannot Be Reused After Degaussing
- ADR30*, ADR50*, ADR120*
- AIT (1, 2, 3, 4, Super)*
- SLR24*, SLR32*, TR-4*, ADR30*, ADR50*
- TR-5*, SLR40*, SLR50*, SLR60*, SLR100*, SLR140*
- TR-7 (Travan 40GB)*
- Magstar MP: 3570-B*, 3570-C*, 3570-C/XL*
- Magstar: 3590*, 3590-E*
- STK-9840*, STK-T9940*
- HARD DRIVES*
- Zip 100 MB Disc*
- Zip 250 MB Disc*
SD-1 degausser can erase LMR and PMR hard disk drive