MSI Plus Desktop Gen-3 Forensic Imaging Unit 16 SAS/SATA Ports and Dual Boot
The MSI Plus Desktop Pro with 16 SAS/SATA ports Forensic Imager unit is a standalone forensic imager with the ability to perform multiple Forensic tasks, allowing the Forensic investigator to capture data in the Lab from multiple source drives to multiple target drives simultaneously and upload them to a network extremely fast. It also enables the user to perform a full Forensic analysis using encase, Nuix Windows 10 application, or capture data from multiple cellphones and run cellphone analyses, or use any third-party Windows application. The unit is industrial and durably built, using a desktop-style, with easy to use touchscreen icons. The unit has built-in 8 ports of SAS/SATA, 10 ports of USB3.1, and with addition of Expansion Box cable-less with 8 SAS/SATA ports The MSI’s main application (the unit’s software) supports many imaging methods like Mirror Image, Encase E01/Ex01, and Linux-DD.
- Captures data from storage devices with many types of form factors and interfaces (2.5”, 3.5”, ZIF, MSATA, MicroSATA, M.2 SATA, Ultra SATA, Slim SATA)
- USB3.0 ports can be converted to SATA ports with the use of USB3.0 to SATA adapters (use of 4 ports USB KIT)
- Previews data on the “Suspect” drive in a secure environment
- Captures and copy across many ports and interfaces
- Simultaneously calculates HASH values with all the 3 algorithms MD5/SHA1/SHA2 at the same run
- Automatic support for DCO/HPA special areas
- Supports Bad Sector Handling (with 3 types of reporting)
- Encryption/Decryption with AES256 on-the-fly
- Supports capture mode of 100% bit by bit copy, Linux-DD files, E01, EX01 with full compression, Mix mode where each of the target drives can be a mix of DD/E01, Selective Imaging of Files and Folders, Partition Imaging, Keyword Search before the capture or while the capture
- Supports Scripting to automate some operations
- Supports SAS/SATA/e-SATA/USB/IDE/mSATA/MicroSATA/M.2 SATA
- Designed to work with touch screen display, with easy navigation icons & screens
- Image 8:8 SAS/SATA drives and 4:4 with USB3.0/USB3.1 storages.
- Optimized for Multi-Core CPU with multi-threading to achieve extreme speed, especially when running E01 format compression operation
- Flexibility in re-assigning the role of Source/Target for Evidence port.
- Mixed operations such as HASH, Erase, Capture from digital storage devices all in multiple sessions operation
- Save Forensic Images (DD,E01) to a network (NFS, SAMBA, CIFS)
- Use the Unit as a "write blocker" bridge, for any storage devices attached to the unit, and the unit connected to the network
To use the unit as a Platform, the user can:
- Complete a full investigation by runnin full Encase, FTK, Nuix, and P2 Commander Forensic Analysis tools
- Run multiple Cell-phones data extraction and analysis