HD-3XTL Hard Drive & Tape Degausser
Fast, high-volume, workhorse. In only 3 seconds, the compact and automatic HD-3XTL degausser, with 10,000 gauss and an oversized media slot, will completely and permanently erase all data contained on high-coercivity (magnetic) hard drives and tape up to 1.7" in height. Includes SCAN-1 software package to create a media destruction report as you degauss.
Destroy Data Fast and Safely:
- Inserting the media into the media slot automatically initiates the degauss cycle.
- 3 seconds later, the media is degaussed.
- To save precious time, pre-charging begins immediately as the degaussed media is released down the slide.
- Turning off the HD-3XTL releases any pre-charged energy for safe storage.
The HD-3WXL will assist you in meeting compliance standards for government mandates requiring complete elimination of sensitive information stored on magnetic media prior to re-use or disposal including:
- CCPA (California Consumer Privacy Act)
- DoD Up to Secret Classification
- GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation)
- GLBA (Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act)
- HIPAA (Health Information Portability and Accountability Act)
- IRS 1075
- NIST SP 800-88r1
- PCI DSS 3.2 (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard)
- PIPEDA (Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act)
- TAA (Trade Agreements Act: 19 U.S.C.)
- UL, IEC, CSA and CE certified
Erasure Verification Tests:
- Built-in field verification system: On-board diagnostics confirms the magnetic field strength of every erase cycle, ensuring complete erasure every time.
- LCD display: Provides numerical value of gauss field strength to verify erasure, cycle count, job count and diagnostics.
- SCAN-1X Media Destruction Report Software Included: Creates media destruction reports with date, time, user ID, serial number and verification of each cycle.
- IRONCLAD Integrated Auditing System (option): Create ultimate proof-oferasure and destruction reports with JPG images of the media after it is degaussed.
- Complete erasure in 3 seconds
- Erases up to 450 standard and full height hard drives per hour
- Erases up to 4,500 bundled laptop hard drives per hour
- Generates 10,000+ Gauss (1 Tesla)
- Erase process starts automatically
- Verification software and scanner voucher included
- Oversized media slot 1.7” in height
- Erases working and non-working hard drives
- Continuous duty
- CE certified
- Plugs into a standard wall outlet worldwide
|Magnetic Field:||1 Tesla (10,000 gauss) nominal|
|Certifications/Listings:||CE certified, TAA, UL, IEC, CSA|
Hard drives per hour:
|Up to 4,500 (1.8 in.)
Up to 4,500 (2.5 in.)
Up to 450 (3.5 in.)
|Erasure Verification:||Scan-1X standard
|Size (HxWxD):||Without slide:
18.9 x 13.3 x 13 (in.)
480 x 338.6 x 328.9 (mm)
18.9 x 22.8 x 13 (in);
480 x 578.1 x 328.9 (mm)
|Media Types:||Hard Drives: up to 1.7" high including full height, standard, laptop, and network drives
Tape Media: All DLT, all LTO, 3490, 9940, 3592, AIT, and others.
|Power Requirements:||100-125V ±5%, 50/60 Hz
|Power Consumption:||During standby: 53W
During charge: 188W avg.
During erase: 53W
|Degausser System:||Capacitive Discharge|
|Complete Erasure:||3 seconds (nominal)|
|Media Slot Capacity:
|1.7 x 4.5 x 5.9 in.
43.2 x 114.3 x 148.6 (mm)
|Temperature:||41°F - 104°F (5°C - 40°C)|
|Humidity:||10%H - 40%H (without condensation)|
|Weight:||59lbs. (27 Kg)|
|Warranty:||HD-3XLT:1 year manufacturer's limited warranty standard, Optional 3 year; Factory Warranty available.
Scanner: Ninety-day manufacturer's limited warranty
Note: Hard drives and some tapes are not reusable after being degaussed
- High-speed, high-volume degausser
- Internal field checker ensures complete erasure of hard drives and tapes
- Media destruction report capable with optional SCAN-1