PDS-100 HDD and SSD NSA Listed Destroyer/Crusher
The PDS-100 Hard Drive Crusher elevates physical hard drive annihilation, advancing beyond the capabilities of the PDS-75 with its automated, motorized functionality. Just slide in the hard drive, and its intuitive sensors kick off an 8-second destruction cycle. Distinctively, the PDS-100 boasts a manual operation mode for times when power is compromised or absent. Just turn the crank handle, and seamlessly continue the secure destruction process. No interruptions or preparations required.
Features of the PSD-100 Hard Drive Destroyer:
- Sleek yet sturdy design ensures portability and easy deployment.
- Experience swift, secure, and dependable hard drive destruction in under 10 seconds with its automatic cycle.
- Versatile operation: works both with and without power, offering manual mode for emergencies.
- Designed to handle 2.5″ Laptop Drives, the PDS-100 comes with a convenient holder to store supports when idle. Its magnetic base allows flexible mounting—be it on the back, side, or front, catering to the operator's preference.
- Ensures thorough destruction by bending hard drives to about 90 degrees, compromising the platters, heads, motor, and circuitry.
- A hassle-free solution: no need for external components, messy fluids, adjustments, or calibrations.
- Trusted by the NSA and DoD for its efficiency in hard drive annihilation.
- Easily customizable with a range of additional options.
- Comes with an 18-month warranty covering both parts and labor.
IMPORTANT: Adhering to established standards, especially NSA/DoD guidelines, necessitates the use of a degausser before hard drive destruction. In standard national security protocols, a destroyer works hand-in-hand with an NSA-approved degausser. Only through degaussing can you ensure that all data on hard drives and other magnetic media becomes utterly irretrievable. This is crucial, as even a fragment of an undegaussed hard drive can potentially harbor recoverable data.
- Rear Output Slide: While the standard design ejects hard drives from the front, this feature offers the convenience of ejecting them from the back. This facilitates direct discharge into disposal bins or containers, minimizing manual handling by the operator.
- Rackmountable Slide-out Shelf: Designed for integration into standard 19″ EIA racks. This feature provides the luxury of tucking away the destroyer when it's idle and easily sliding it out when required, optimizing your workspace. The Mount Kit is included with this option.
- Mount Kit: Enhance flexibility with this feature, enabling users to affix the drive destroyer to a variety of surfaces, from carts and truck floors to racks and more.
- Deployment Case: Ensure your destroyer's protection with a robust Pelican® Case, equipped with wheels. This case is tailored specifically for the destroyer, ensuring a snug fit.
|Media Destroyed:||Handles all 3.5” drives (including 0.65”, 1” and 1.65” in height)
Handles 2.5” Laptop hard drives with Laptop Holder
Handles SSD drives in 3.5 Form Factor and 2.5 Form Factor with Laptop Holder
|Destruction Method:||Bends/breaks platter, damages heads, motor and circuit board|
|Cycle Time:||10 seconds or less (60 Hz units); 12 seconds or less (50 Hz units); 8 seconds or less (Hand Crank)|
|Weight:||63 lbs (28.5 kg)|
|Dimensions:||11.625" (29.5 cm) D x 7.25" (18.4 cm) W x 21" (53.3 cm) H (11" or 28 cm wide with handle)|
|Power Supply:||115 VAC, 60 Hz; 220 VAC, 60 Hz, 230 VAC, 50 Hz (specify voltage and frequency when ordering)|
|Destruction Method:||Bends/breaks platters, damages heads, motor and circuit board|
|Cycle Time:||60 HZ units: 10 seconds or less
50 HZ units: 12 seconds or less (dependent on operator)
Hand Crank: 8 seconds or less (dependent on operator)
|Maintenance||Occasional vacuuming of debris drawer and internal housing|
|Options:||Rear Output Option; Rackmountable Slide-out Shelf Option (for 19” EIA racks, 19” to 28” deep)(Includes Slides); Remote Control Communication; Universal Screw Down Mounting Kit; Deployment Case with wheels|
|Manual Operator Exertion:||Typical Commercial Drives (3.5”) – Typ. 4 lbs. exertion
Hardened (Heavy Shielded) (3.5”) – Typ. 12 lbs. exertion
- Destroys drive platter, head, motor and circuit board
- Destroys all 2.5”, 3.5” HDD and SSD Drives
- Automated or Manual Operation
- 10 second cycle time
- TAA Compliant