Hand-held Degausser for Hard Drives and Other Flat Surface Magnetic Media - NSA Listed
The Model 1100 hand-held Degaussing Wand is designed to provide maximum security level degaussing. A multi-polar design insures permanent data erasure for a wide range of magnetic media. It has been tested and approved for erasure of both Longitudinal (LMR) and Perpendicular (PMR) magnetic storage devices up to and including 5000 Oersteds.
Conventional magnetic recording devices (recording heads) cannot provide the flux density required to totally erase magnetic signatures. The magnetic information remains in the media after conventional erasing techniques and reformatting procedures. Only a high-energy magnetic circuit that provides a full-cycle (+ – + -) field can reliably erase this remnant magnetic information to a full security level.
A magnetic shield is provided for safe storage of the degaussing wand.
The wand effectively degausses disk drives, diskpacks, drum type memories, floppies and any flat-surface magnetic memory.
This degaussing wand has been tested for Perpendicular Magnetic Disk Storage Devices and can securely erase up to and including 5,000 Oersteds
Features & Benefits
- On NSA/CSS Evaluated Products List
- Comes with shielded case to assure wand protection and safe storage
- No power required; fixed high-energy magnetic field • Degausses longitudinal and perpendicular media up to 5,000 Oe
- Provides compliance with recognized security standards and regulations, including NIST, HIPAA,
- FACTA, PCI DSS, GLBA, PIPEDA, IRS, GDPR, etc.
- Multi-polar design ensures minimum Gauss levels and full hysteresis of all magnetic states
- Made in the USA
- Maintenance free; 1-year parts and labor warranty included
|Model 1100 Hand-Held Wand Stecifications:|
|Flux Density:||12,000 Gauss|
|Field Intensity:||5,000 Oersted (Oe) (LMR and PMR)|
|Dimensions:||7.5"D x 0.2"H x 1.5"W (19cm x .05cm x 3.8cm)|
|Weight:||4 oz (0.11 kg)|
|Case Material:||Tempered Steel|
|Weight:||14 oz (0.4 kg)|
|Dimensions:||4”D x 1”H x 2”W (10cm x 2.5cm x 5cm)|
|Media:||Hard disk drives (must remove platters), floppy disks, disk packs, bubble memory chips, drum type memory and other flat surface magnetic media|
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
- NSA / CSS listed for use on Top Secret and Classified government data
- Low Cost Degausser For Low Volume
- No Electricity Required
- Magnetic Shielded Case Included
- Degausses media up to 5000 Oe