SWP SAS/SATA and USB3.0/3.1 Ports Portable Economic Eraser Unit
The SWP SAS/SATA and USB3.0/3.1 Ports unit is an Economic, Portable drive eraser with multiple SAS/SATA and USB3.0/3.1 ports; enabling the user to erase multiple drives at the same time very efficiently. The unit supports SATA/SAS drives, and USB Flash drives. The SWP’s erase application is easy to use with touchscreen icons and supports many erase protocols, such as:
- DoD 5220-22M (ECE) erase specification (with 7 writing passes and one verification pass).
- DoD Lite 5220-22M (E) erase specification (with 3 writing passes and one verification pass).
- Security Erase (For SATA drives).
- Enhanced Security Erase (For SATA drives).
- Sanitize (3 types to be used with SAS SSD).
- “User” Defined Erase Settings
- NVMe-Format/NVMe Secure Erase (for NVMe SSD).
Additional operations that are available include erase verification on a drive that was previously erased, Full or Quick Format, HASH a drive, and drive diagnostics. The application supports erase of multiple drives in multiple sessions in simultaneous, independent erase runs.
- A very secure application running under Linux OS
- Erase and Format storage devices with many types and kinds of form factors and interfaces (2.5”, 3.5”, ZIF, M.2)
- Format: NTFS, exFAT, FAT32, HFS+, EXT2-4 File system (MBR, GPT)
- Supports SAS/SATA/e-SATA/USB/IDE/Micro-SATA/Mini-SATA/M.2 SATA
- Erase Multi Media Cards (MMC) with the use of a USB card reader
- Erase up to 12 SD cards with the use of a dual USB SD card reader
- Erase Protocols are NIST 800-88 compliance
- R.2 Ready unit
- Automatic support for HPA/DCO special areas handling
- Supports Bad Sector handling
- Log files and Erase Certifications (NIST 800-88 format)
- Generate S.M.A.R.T status in XML format
- With extreme fast USB3.0 to SATA adapters, the user can convert the 8 USB3.0 ports to SATA ports and erase simultaneously up to 12 SATA drives
- Erase Drives using the following Erase Protocols:
- DoD 5220-22M (ECE) erase specification (with 7 writing passes and one pass of verification)
- DoD Lite 5220-22M (E) (3 writing passes and one pass of verification)
- Security Erase Protocol (for SATA drives)
- Enhanced Security Erase Protocol (for SATA drives)
- Sanitize (for SAS SSD – 3 Types)
- NVMe Format and NVMe Secure Erase (for NVMe SSD – 3 Types)
- “User” Defined its Erase Settings
- Erase Bitlocker encrypted partitions.
- Erase Netapp drives
- Hot Pluggable Ports: Each of the unit’s port is hot pluggable. When a session completes, the user can plug another drive and select it to run a new operation.
- Scripting: Easy Scripting can be set and used for a repeat operation.
- Reporting: Detailed logs for drive duplication and drive erase sessions.
- SQL Erase Database: A collection of the erase logs, erase certificates, and drive information.
- Easy export for logs and the database to a USB stick or share it over a network.
- Access/control the unit remotely.
- NIST compliance.
- R.2 ready with self calibration.
Example of an erase operation, or drive diagnostic: Utilize any of the unit’s ports to plug in a drive and run it in separate sessions. The user can plug 4 SAS/SATA drives and 6 USB3.0/3.1 drives and run 12 erase sessions at the same time!
|Main Hardware Features:|
|Case:||Compact, mobile, lightweight, and easy to carry|
|CPU:||i7 Latest generation|
|Display:||8" touchscreen, color LCD display|
|8 Channel HDD Open Tray:||Easy to insert and plug tray that accommodates any size and shape of drives or storage devices (such as different types of NVMe SSD, like M.2 and U.2); contains power status LED indicators.|
|Hardware:||Very high-quality, high performing components; some with military specifications|
|OS:||Linux Ubuntu 64 bit.|
|Security:||Linux OS (Linux is less targeted by malware).|
|Application Updates:||The application can easily be updated via USB thumb drive and displays a special update application screen.|
|Dedicated Secure Screen:||Erases and Formats storage devices (HDD, SSD, USB storage devices and multi media cards).|
|RAM:||8GB DDR4 internal memory|
|Storage controller:||PCI Express 2.0 SAS/SATA Storage Controller supporting 6Gbit/s SAS/SATA interface speeds with a maximum data rate of 37GB/min.|
|Erase Operations:||These ports' role cannot be changed by the user|
|Supports Storage Protocols and Interfaces:||SATA, e-SATA enclosures, IDE, USB2.0, USB3.0, MMC, and M.2 (SATA)|
|Supports Form Factors:||3.5", 2.5", ZIF, 1.8", Micro-SATA, Mini-SATA, and M.2 NGFF storage devices.|
|Erase Multi-Media Cards:||Supports SD/CF/Memory Stick/microSD with the use of a Multi-Media Card reader via a USB port.|
|HPA/DCO Automatic Supports:||The application has the ability to automatically open HPA and DCO areas and re-size the drive to its full native capacity in order to erase any “hidden data” (HPA/DCO are special areas on the drive that support this feature).|
|Bad Sectors Handling:||The user can select to skip bad sectors/blocks or abort the operation when it encounters bad sectors/blocks on the source drive.|
|48bit LBA Addressing:||Supports drives with sizes up to 256TB.|
|GUI:||The application is built with large, very simple, and easy-to-navigate icons. In a few clicks, the user can set the operation, and it will quickly start up and run.|
|Application Main Operation:|
Erase and Format Operation:
|Power Characteristics||A built-in universal auto switching 750W UL/CE/PSE power supply with an input voltage of 100-240V/50-60HZ.|
- Use i7 Mobile CPU
- Very small form factor and portable and easy to carry
- 4 SAS/SATA ports
- No Expansion