TapeMaster-LS 1:3 & 1:5 Appliance Solution for Mass Replication of Legacy Tapes
The TapeMaster-LS legacy SCSI based tape one-to-three and one-to-five Tape Duplicator is a standalone and easy to use and compact 4U rackmount or tabletop device capable of making copies of any SCSI based tape drive technology such as 8MM, 4MM DAT/DDS, DLT/SDLT, AIT tape cartridges.
- Clones to all tapes at full speed concurrently
- Supports 8MM, 4MM DAT/DDS, DLT/SDLT, AIT & more
- Clones up to 5 target tapes in parallel from one source
- Independent of file system or operating systems
- Independent of backup software or tape format
- Plug-n-Play, user-friendly design - no training required
- Clone & Verify (native or compressed)
- Standalone tabletop or rackmount configurations
Standalone Offline Hostless Operation
No need to run your backup a second time just to get a duplicate set. TapeMaster-LS runs independent of
your backup server and does not require a computer or software and it is 100% standalone.
Round the clock cloning or migration
Continuously clone legacy tapes or migrate from one tape type to another tape drive technology without requiring cooling downtime. The user only needs to unload and reload tapes and go.
Clones your tapes at extremely fast speeds efficiently and effortlessly. Simply insert your write-protected master and one or more write-enabled new blank tapes, then select Clone mode and your tapes will be duplicated at blazing speeds of up to 300MB/sec in native format or up to 2TB/hr with compression. At these speeds and with such ease of use, you no longer need to fiddle with deficient off-the-shelf software or tie up your server for days in order to get copies of your legacy tapes you need now.
Comes with a built-in self-diagnostic feature that checks system components and verifies all are in working order and can be run whenever the system is not processing a job.
Two Levels of Verification
Automatically performs verification during the cloning process and has the ability to perform a secondary level of verification if the user requires.
Plug and Play Operation
The TapeMaster-LS rapidly and reliably duplicates tapes. As a "plug-n-play" solution, simply plug in and select "Clone" from the built in LCD display. The TapeMaster copies tapes on a block-by-block basis, meaning it can duplicate any tape with 100% accuracy every time. It doesn't matter what kind of data is on the original master, the duplicator's job is to make sure all the data is transferred accurately from the master to each duplicate copy.
Future Proof Your Investment
TapeMaster-LS is ready for your project today and for future projects as well with its easy to upgrade architecture. No need to ship your duplicator back to us to upgrade to the latest. TapeMaster-LS is upgradeable via a built-in USB port. A firmware file is only an email away.
Universal Power Supply
The TapeMaster-LS features an auto switching, 115V - 230V universal power supply that can be used anywhere worldwide. Because the power supply is built in, you can use it in a rack (rack-mountable configurations) or on a tabletop without having to worry about an external power brick.
Applications For Various Markets
Just a few of the most popular uses and users of the TapeMaster duplication and migration systems include content archive and distribution for Digital Cinema, Government Agencies (i.e. Navy, Army, Air Force, Aerospace), Medical Imaging (i.e. EMR, PACS, DICOM), Information Technology, Digital Forensics, Mining, Video Production, Oil/Gas Exploration and Broadcast Industry.
Key Features and Benefits
- High speed: our system can reduce your duplication time significantly.
- Ease of use: powerful yet requires almost no training at all.
- Ability to duplicate simultaneously.
- Allows you to clone your backups for off site storage, archiving or sending copies to others.
- Gives you the ability to move existing tape data from one tape format to another.
- Migrate and refresh your data from older tapes to new tapes.
- Transfer your data from tapes of small capacity to tapes of larger capacities and add (append) more data to the new tape using up excess capacity.
- Create a duplicate copy of any tape with any tape format to an alternate tape type.
- Make a copy of a tape to take off site; allows the user not to have to run a complete backup two times in a row.
- Mass duplication of tapes for distribution of your valuable data instead of using less reliable hard disk drive technology.
- Completely Standalone Operation: No PC required to operate duplicator
- Duplication of digital cinema master tapes for distribution
- Duplication of digital forensic master tapes before they are analyzed in order to maintain evidence integrity
- Automatic speed recognition for most optimal performance
- User friendly interface with 'easy-to-read' LCD display: offers easy to recognize and use terms and operations on the LCD display for simple usage.
- Power on Self diagnostics: Keeps the duplicator functioning optionally
- Future functions upgradeable through firmware: Duplicator able to upgrade future software updates via Firmware
- Continuous copying without waiting for cool down: No need to stop the duplicator for fear of overheating
With today's vastly different tape formats and the accessibility of various drives in the market, you can easily migrate from any tape format to any other tape format with the use of the TapeMaster system.
|System Type:||Standard 19" Rackmount (4U)|
|Supported Tapes:||All LTO Types - Read/Write|
|Tape Interface Technology:||6 Gb/sec Serial Attached SCSI (SAS)|
|Number of Tape Drives:||Two-one for source and one for destination|
|Number of Master Tape Slots:||12|
|Number of Target Tape Slots:||12|
|Hard Disk Drive Included:||None (not applicable for this device)|
|Volatile Flash Memory:||16 Megabytes ormore (RAM)|
|Non-Volatile Flash Memory:||None (no user data permanently stored in device)|
|Display/Input:||4 line by 20 character LCD with 6 push button keypad|
|Supported Data:||Independent of File Systems, Operating Systems and Backup Software Including All LTFS Formats|
|Reliability:||>2,000,000 MCBF (mean cycles between failures); Less than 5 minutes MTTR (mean time to repair)|
|Operating Environment:||Temperature 10°C to 38°C (50°F to 100°F)
Humidity 20% to 80% (non-condensing) and
Maximum Altitude 3,048 m (10,000 ft)
|Weight:||45 lbs (24 slots)|
|Power Input Requirements:||100 VAC / 240 VAC, 50 to 60 Hz|
|Power Consumption:||Less than 500 Watts|
- Supports 8MM, 4MM DAT/DDS, DLT/SDLT, AIT & more
- Compact 4U rackmount solution
- Speeds exceeding 300Mbps native
- Independent of OS, FS or Backup Software
- Plug-n-Play, user-friendly - no training required