TapeMaster-SA12 Fully Automated 24 Slot LTO Tape Cloning and Migration
TapeMaster-SA12 is the combination of two things - ease-of-use and power. Powerful and advanced enough to clone or migrate any LTO tape regardless of generation, operating system, filesystem, block-size, tape density or platform. Yet is easier to use than your average photocopier. All while being fully automated and does not require a computer. Are you now ready to start migration or cloning project today?
- Extremely fast cloning speeds exceeding 300MB/sec native or 2TB per hour compressed
- Support for all LTO Tape Types from LTO-1 to LTO-8
- Automatically migrate from one generation LTO to another
- Independent of all OS, FS, Backup Software, Tape formats including LTFS
- Best ROI by combining automation, ease of use and easy management
- Clones or migrates up to 12 tapes without user intervention
- Automatic scanning of barcode and log generation after cloning
- Clone, Verify, and Optional Quick Erase, Secure Erase (NIST 800-88 Compliant)
- Reduce cloning times by up to 90% when compared to off-the-shelf software
Standalone Offline Hostless Operation
No need to run your backup a second time just to get a duplicate set. TapeMaster-SA12 runs independent of your backup server and does not require a computer or software and it is 100% standalone.
Round the clock cloning or migration
The TapeMaster-SA12 will migrate from older generation LTO to the latest Ultrium technology with lights out operation. User only needs to unload and reload on average once every 24-48 hours.
Easy Operation/Media Management
Place up to 12 source media in left magazine with corresponding target media in the right magazine prior to initiating cloning /migration operation. Cloning operation includes user selectable slot to slot or barcode to barcode.
TapeMaster-SA12 comes with a built-in self diagnostic feature that checks system components and verifies all are in working order and can be run whenever the system is not processing a job.
LTO Tape Forensic Duplication
The standalone TapeMaster-SA12 LTO Ultrium duplication device gives the Computer Digital Forensic Investigator the ability to make perfect copies of any suspect LTO tape at extremely fast speeds. This system will only clone if your master tapes are write-protected which is a must for any investigator.
Two Levels of Verification
Automatically performs verification during the cloning process and has the ability to perform a secondary level of verification if the user requires.
Plug and Play Operation
The TapeMaster-SA12 rapidly and reliably duplicates tapes. As a "plug-n-play" solution, simply plug in and select "Clone" from the built in LCD display. The TapeMaster copies tapes on a block-by-block basis, meaning it can duplicate any tape with 100% accuracy every time. It doesn't matter what kind of data is on the original master, the duplicator's job is to make sure all the data is transferred accurately from the master to each duplicate copy.
Future Proof Your Investment
TapeMaster-SA12 is ready for your project today and for future projects as well with its easy to upgrade architecture. No need to ship your duplicator back to us to upgrade to the latest. TapeMaster-SA12 is upgradeable via a built-in USB port. A firmware file is only an email away.
Universal Power Supply
The TapeMaster-M features an auto switching, 115V - 230V universal power supply that can be used anywhere worldwide. Because the power supply is built in, you can use it in a rack (rack-mountable configurations) or on a tabletop without having to worry about an external power brick.
Applications For Various Markets
Just a few of the most popular uses and users of the TapeMaster duplication and migration systems include content archive and distribution for Digital Cinema, Government Agencies (i.e. Navy, Army, Air Force, Aerospace), Medical Imaging (i.e. EMR, PACS, DICOM), Information Technology, Digital Forensics, Mining, Video Production, Oil/Gas Exploration and Broadcast Industry.
Key Features and Benefits
- High speed: our system can reduce your duplication time significantly.
- Ease of use: powerful yet requires almost no training at all.
- Ability to duplicate simultaneously.
- Allows you to clone your backups for off site storage, archiving or sending copies to others.
- Gives you the ability to move existing tape data from one tape format to another.
- Migrate and refresh your data from older tapes to new tapes.
- Transfer your data from tapes of small capacity to tapes of larger capacities and add (append) more data to the new tape using up excess capacity.
- Create a duplicate copy of any tape with any tape format to an alternate tape type.
- Make a copy of a tape to take off site; allows the user not to have to run a complete backup two times in a row.
- Mass duplication of LTO tapes for distribution of multimedia content (videos/Films) instead of using less reliable hard disk drive technology.
- Completely Standalone Operation: No PC required to operate duplicator
- Duplication of digital cinema master tapes for distribution
- Duplication of digital forensic master tapes before they are analyzed in order to maintain evidence integrity
- Automatic speed recognition for most optimal performance
- User friendly interface with 'easy-to-read' LCD display: offers easy to recognize and use terms and operations on the LCD display for simple usage.
- Power on Self diagnostics: Keeps the duplicator functioning optionally
- Future functions upgradeable through firmware: Duplicator able to upgrade future software updates via Firmware
- Continuous copying without waiting for cool down: No need to stop the duplicator for fear of overheating
With today's vastly different tape formats and the accessibility of various drives in the market, you can easily migrate from any tape format to any other tape format with the use of the TapeMaster system.
|System Type:||Standard 19" Rackmount (4U)|
|Supported Tapes:||All LTO Types - Read/Write|
|Tape Interface Technology:||6 Gb/sec Serial Attached SCSI (SAS)|
|Number of Tape Drives:||Two-one for source and one for destination|
|Number of Master Tape Slots:||12|
|Number of Target Tape Slots:||12|
|Hard Disk Drive Included:||None (not applicable for this device)|
|Volatile Flash Memory:||16 Megabytes ormore (RAM)|
|Non-Volatile Flash Memory:||None (no user data permanently stored in device)|
|Display/Input:||4 line by 20 character LCD with 6 push button keypad|
|Supported Data:||Independent of File Systems, Operating Systems and Backup Software Including All LTFS Formats|
|Reliability:||>2,000,000 MCBF (mean cycles between failures); Less than 5 minutes MTTR (mean time to repair)|
|Operating Environment:||Temperature 10°C to 38°C (50°F to 100°F)
Humidity 20% to 80% (non-condensing) and
Maximum Altitude 3,048 m (10,000 ft)
|Weight:||45 lbs (24 slots)|
|Power Input Requirements:||100 VAC / 240 VAC, 50 to 60 Hz|
|Power Consumption:||Less than 500 Watts|
- Automatically clone any LTO tape
- Compact 4U rackmount solution
- Speeds exceeding 300Mbps native
- Independent of OS, FS or Backup Software
- Plug-n-Play, user-friendly design - no training required