TapeMaster-M 1:1 LTO Tape Cloning, Migration and Archival Appliance
Introducing the next generation in standalone LTO Data Tape duplicators, the TapeMaster. The TapeMaster-M is not only the most advanced standalone duplicator on the market, but is extremely simple and easy to use. The TapeMaster device features powerful hardware and elegantly designed firmware, which results in guaranteed 100% perfect copies regardless of the content of your LTO tape. With the ability to copy all LTO Tapes including LTO-1, LTO-2, LTO-3, LTO-4, LTO-5, LTO-6, LTO-7, LTO-8 and LTO-9 formats, the TapeMaster is the perfect solution for your LTO Ultrium duplication needs. The easy to operate control panel offers many advanced features such as the ability to copy any LTO tape regardless of backup software, operating system or file system.
Advantages of PRO Model Over the Standard (STD) Model
- Performance: up to three times faster than the standard model
- Floating Source: Use any drive as master/source or target/destination
Why Choose the ULTRA Model?
The TapeMaster-M Ultra has all the features of the PRO model plus the ability to migrate/consolidate multiple lower capacity tape cartridges (source media) onto a single high-capacity tape cartridge (stacked media). Stacked media can be LTO-7, LTO-8 or LTO-9 media with native capcities of 6TB, 12TB and 18TB consecutively. A minimum of 120 LTO-1 source tape media with 100GB capacity stacks on to a single LTO-8 or 180 on to a single LTO-9 tape media.
TapeMaster-M Ultra Highlights:
- Stacked media: the capacity of the LTO target/stacked media (ie. LTO-7, LTO-8, LTO-9) is fully utilized using the remaining capacity prior to importing the next source media.
- Import Function: this enables you to archive multiple lower capacity legacy LTO tapes onto a newer LTO tape such as LTO-7, LTO-8 or LTO-9 cartridge.
- View function: this allows you to lists all legacy source LTO media contained on the high capacity stacked media along with capacity and barcode label and date.
- Export function: this allows you to extracts individual source media on high capacity stacked media and clones/writes it to an individual tape media which will be identical to original tape. The extracted/original tape can be written to any tape type you choose.
- Log Report: this is created with time stamp, duration, barcode labels and total data imported.
How many legacy LTO source tapes can fit on an LTO-7, LTO-8 or LTO-9 tape?
|Source Tapes||LTO-7 Target Tape||LTO-8 Target Tape||LTO-9 Target Tape|
Note: The amount of source tapes fitting on each target stacked media will depend on how much data is on each source tape.
Standalone Offline Hostless Operation
No need to run your backup a second time just to get a duplicate set. TapeMaster-M runs independent of your backup server and does not require a computer or software and it is 100% standalone.
Round the clock cloning or migration
Contonuously clone LTO tapes or migrate from older generation LTO to the latest Ultrium technology without requiring cooling downtime. The user only needs to unload and reload tapes and go.
Clones your tapes at extremely fast speeds efficiently and effortlessly. Simply insert your write-protected master and one or more write-enabled new blank tapes, then select Clone mode and your tapes will be duplicated at blazing speeds of up to 300MB/sec in native format or up to 2TB/hr with compression for (Pro Model). At these speeds and with such ease of use, you no longer need to fiddle with deficient off-the-shelf software or tie up your server for days in order to get copies of the LTO tapes you need now..
Comes with a built-in self-diagnostic feature that checks system components and verifies all are in working order and can be run whenever the system is not processing a job.
LTO Tape Forensic Duplication
The standalone TapeMaster-M LTO Ultrium duplication device gives the Computer Digital Forensic Investigator the ability to make perfect copies of any suspect LTO tape at extremely fast speeds. This system will only clone if your master tapes are write-protected which is a must for any investigator.
Secondary Verification Better Than MD5 Hash
TapeMaster performs Full Verification which reads ALL the data back from the Source tape AND the Destination tape and compares and verifies it. White this takes longer than using hashing algorithms such as MD5, it guarantees that all data is accurate 100% which cannot be said for MD5 which potentially has a 99.99% accuracy rating. However, with LTO Ultrium technology, Secondary Verification is not really necessary, since their Read-heads are physically positioned after the Write-head and the drive internally reads the data back after the write and checks it against the original data. In fact, LTO tape is 10,000 times more reliable than disk based on Bit Error Rate (BER) specification.
Plug and Play Operation
The TapeMaster-M rapidly and reliably duplicates tapes. As a "plug-n-play" solution, simply plug in and select "Clone" from the built in LCD display. The TapeMaster copies tapes on a block-by-block basis, meaning it can duplicate any tape with 100% accuracy every time. It doesn't matter what kind of data is on the original master, the duplicator's job is to make sure all the data is transferred accurately from the master to each duplicate copy.
Future Proof Your Investment
TapeMaster-M is ready for your project today and for future projects as well with its easy to upgrade architecture. No need to ship your duplicator back to us to upgrade to the latest. TapeMaster-M is upgradeable via a built-in USB port. A firmware file is only an email away.
Universal Power Supply
The TapeMaster-M features an auto switching, 115V - 230V universal power supply that can be used anywhere worldwide. Because the power supply is built in, you can use it in a rack (rack-mountable configurations) or on a tabletop without having to worry about an external power brick.
Applications For Various Markets
Just a few of the most popular uses and users of the TapeMaster duplication and migration systems include content archive and distribution for Digital Cinema, Government Agencies (i.e. Navy, Army, Air Force, Aerospace), Medical Imaging (i.e. EMR, PACS, DICOM), Information Technology, Digital Forensics, Mining, Video Production, Oil/Gas Exploration and Broadcast Industry.
Key Features and Benefits
- High speed: our system can reduce your duplication time significantly.
- Ease of use: powerful yet requires almost no training at all.
- Ability to duplicate simultaneously.
- Allows you to clone your backups for off site storage, archiving or sending copies to others.
- Gives you the ability to move existing tape data from one tape format to another.
- Migrate and refresh your data from older tapes to new tapes.
- Transfer your data from tapes of small capacity to tapes of larger capacities and add (append) more data to the new tape using up excess capacity.
- Create a duplicate copy of any tape with any tape format to an alternate tape type.
- Make a copy of a tape to take off site; allows the user not to have to run a complete backup two times in a row.
- Mass duplication of LTO tapes for distribution of multimedia content (videos/Films) instead of using less reliable hard disk drive technology.
- Completely Standalone Operation: No PC required to operate duplicator
- Duplication of digital cinema master tapes for distribution
- Duplication of digital forensic master tapes before they are analyzed in order to maintain evidence integrity
- Automatic speed recognition for most optimal performance
- User friendly interface with 'easy-to-read' LCD display: offers easy to recognize and use terms and operations on the LCD display for simple usage.
- Power on Self diagnostics: Keeps the duplicator functioning optionally
- Future functions upgradeable through firmware: Duplicator able to upgrade future software updates via Firmware
- Continuous copying without waiting for cool down: No need to stop the duplicator for fear of overheating
With today's vastly different tape formats and the accessibility of various drives in the market, you can easily migrate from any tape format to any other tape format with the use of the TapeMaster system.
|System Type:||Standard Manual Tabletop or Rackmount|
|Supported Tapes:||All LTO Types - Read/Write|
|Tape Interface Technology:||6 Gb/sec Serial Attached SCSI (SAS)|
|Number of Tape Drives:||Two-one for source and one for destination|
|Hard Disk Drive included:||None (not applicable for this device)|
|Volatile Flash Memory:||16 Megabytes or more (RAM)|
|Non-Volatile Flash Memory:||None (no user data permanently stored in device)|
|Display/Input:||2 line by 20 character LCD with 4 push button keypad|
|Supported Data:||All File Systems, Operating Systems and Backup Software Including All LTFS Formats|
|Reliability:||>2,000,000 MCBF (mean cycles between
Less than 5 minutes MTTR (mean time to repair)
|Operating Environment:||Temperature 10°C to 38°C (50°F to 100°F)
Humidity 20% to 80% (non-condensing) and
Maximum Altitude 3,048 m (10,000 ft)
|Weight:||30 lbs Taletop and 50lbs for Rackmount|
|Power Input Requirements:||100 VAC / 240 VAC, 50 to 60 Hz|
|Power Consumption:||Less than 500 Watts|
- Clone any LTO Tape Cartridge
- Archive Multiple Legacy LTO to Single High Capacity LTO
- Made in the USA, TAA Compliant
- Independent of OS, FS or Backup Software
- Plug-n-Play, user-friendly design