TapeMaster-M1 Many-to-One Tape Automated Migration and Archival Solution
The reliable backup and restoration of corporate data is critical to the data management strategies of any business today. Information must be reliable, secure and available. Like an insurance policy, a sound backup and disaster recovery strategy protects against permanent data loss during events you hope will never occur.
The need to have multiple backup copies of your data becomes increasingly important since research has shown that more than 80% of the businesses suffering from catastrophic data loss have gone out of business within 12 months. Experts in the data storage industry agree you should back up your data on a regular basis and keep at least one backup copy offsite at all times. To make future planning complete, backup practices should be extended to include the duplication of media and refreshing of media where shelf life is nearing expiration.
Introducing the newest member of the TapeMaster family - the TapeMaster-M1 many-to-one legacy tape to current generation of LTO tape archival solution. The TapeMaster device features powerful hardware and elegantly designed firmware which results in guaranteed 100% perfect migration regardless of the content of your legacy LTO tape. With the ability to migrate/consolidate multiple smaller tapes types including LTO-1, LTO-2, LTO-3, LTO-4, LTO-5, or other non-LTO legacy formats, to larger such as LTO-8, the TapeMaster is the perfect solution for your LTO Ultrium many-to-one tape archival needs. The easy to operate control panel offers many advanced features such as the ability to migrate any tape regardless of backup software, operating system or file system.
High Performace Migration and Archiving
The new TapeMaster migrates your tapes at extremely fast speeds efficiently and effortlessly. Simply insert your write protected masters and one or more write enabled new blank tapes, then select migrate mode and your stack of master tapes will be archived onto larger LTO tape format such as LTO-7 or LTO-8.
The Perfect LTO Migration Platform
Migrate from older LTO tape formats to the latest LTO-6 or LTO-7 with ease. No need to purchase expensive and complicated tape migration solutions to keep pace with the latest LTO Ultrium technologies. Our new fully automated TapeMaster also fully supports barcodes, so you can have peace of mind knowing your workflow will be seamless. With today's vast array of legacy tape formats, our TapeMaster system makes the migration process simple.
Our system will automatically perform two levels of verification during the copy process to ensure your tapes are 100% accurate. First, when data is written to the target tape it is read and immediately verified by the target tape drive. This allows the target drive to immediately write a second copy of any data that fails the verify process.
Plug and Play Operation
The TapeMaster rapidly and reliably duplicates tapes. As a "plug-n-play" solution, simply plug in and select "copy" from the built-in LCD display. The TapeMaster copies tapes on a block-by-block basis, meaning it can duplicate any tape (i.e. PC, WinTel, Oracle, HP, LINUX/UNIX™, Apple®, IBM® and minis and mainframes, and more) with 100% accuracy every time. It doesn't matter what kind of data is on the original master, the duplicator's job is to make sure all the data is transferred accurately from the master to each duplicate copy.
Universal Power Supply
The new TapeMaster features an auto switching, 115V - 230V universal power supply that can be used anywhere worldwide. Because the power supply is built in, you can use it in a rack (rack-mountable configurations) or on a tabletop without having to worry about an external power brick.
Applications For Various Markets
Just a few of the most popular uses and users of the TapeMaster duplication and migration systems include content archive and distribution for Digital Cinema, Government Agencies (i.e. Navy, Army, Air Force, Aerospace), Medical Imaging (i.e. EMR, PACS, DICOM), Information Technology, Digital Forensics, Mining, Video Production, Oil/Gas Exploration and Broadcast Industry.
Key Features and Benefits TapeMaster Solutions
- High speed - our system can reduce your duplication/migration time significantly.
- Ease of use - powerful yet requires almost no training at all.
- Ability to duplicate one or many copies simultaneously.
- Comes in manual (you insert tapes) or lights out fully automated configurations
- Allows you to copy your backups for off site storage, archiving or sending copies to others.
- Gives you the ability to move existing tape data from one tape format to another.
- Migrate and refresh your data from older tapes to new tapes.
- Transfer your data from tapes of small capacity to tapes of larger capacities.
- Create a duplicate copy of any tape with any tape format to an alternate tape type.
- Make a copy of a tape to take off site; allows the user not to have to run a complete backup two times in a row.
- Completely Standalone Operation: No PC required to operate duplicator
- Duplication of digital cinema master tapes for distribution
- Duplication of digital forensic master tapes before they are analyzed in order to maintain evidence integrity
- Automatic speed recognition for most optimal performance
- User friendly interface with 'easy-to-read' LCD display: offers easy to recognize and use terms and operations on the LCD display for simple usage.
- Remote Management via Web Browser for select models
- Power on Self diagnostics: Keeps the duplicator functioning optionally
- Future functions upgradeable through firmware: Duplicator able to upgrade future software updates via Firmware
- Continuous copying without waiting for cool down: No need to stop the duplicator for fear of overheating
With today's vastly different tape formats and the accessibility of various drives in the market, you can easily migrate from any tape format to any other tape format with the use of the TapeMaster system.
|System Type:||Standard Manual Tabletop or Rackmount|
|Supported Tapes:||All major types - Read/Write|
|Tape Interface Technology:||6 Gb/sec Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) and SCSI|
|Number of Tape Drives:||Two (one for source and one for destination)|
|Hard Disk Drive included:||None (not applicable for this device)|
|Volatile Flash Memory:||16 Megabytes or more (RAM)|
|Non-Volatile Flash Memory:||None (no user data permanently stored in device)|
|Display/Input:||2 line by 20 character LCD with 4 push button keypad|
|Supported Data:||All File Systems, Operating Systems and Backup Software Including All LTFS Formats|
|Reliability:||>2,000,000 MCBF (mean cycles between
Less than 5 minutes MTTR (mean time to repair)
|Operating Environment:||Temperature 10°C to 38°C (50°F to 100°F)
Humidity 20% to 80% (non-condensing) and
Maximum Altitude 3,048 m (10,000 ft)
|Weight:||30 lbs Taletop and 50lbs for Rackmount|
|Power Input Requirements:||100 VAC / 240 VAC, 50 to 60 Hz|
|Power Consumption:||Less than 500 Watts|
- Fully Automated Many-to-One Archival system
- Compact 2U rackmount solution
- Archive Multiple Smaller Tapes on Larger LTO Tape(s)
- Independent of OS, or Backup Software
- Plug-n-Play, user-friendly design